Re: [Xen-devel] starting X server from xenU

> Hello,
>
> I am new to xen.I have created domain0 and a new
> domain(domain1).I have few questions regarding the
> networking stuff in xen.
>
> 1)How can I start Xserver from xenU(from domain1)

The easiest thing to do is to start the Xvnc server and then
connect in using vnc over the virtual network.

Alternatively, you could log in via ssh (with X forwarding) and
start an Xnest server.

> 2)I am trying to ssh domain1 from domain0 and vice
> versa but getting the message
> "Destination Host Unreachable"

In domain 0 you should be able to do an 'ifconfig' and see a
'vif1.0' virtual network backend interface.

Check that the bridge stuff is setup OK by doing a 'brctl show xen-br0'

Next, bring up the console of the other domain e.g. 'xm console
domain1' login, and use ifconfig to check you've got the IP address and
routing setup OK.

Ian

[note to self: put-in-faq]