RE: [Xen-users] Re: FreeBSD 8.2 XENHVM Kernel on Xencloud

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011, Zary Matej wrote:

Our real worry about FreeBSD as HVM to be stable and the performance to be
good at Xencloud/Xenserver not really to be able to suspend vm or similar...

As far as I know, Citrix offers their NetScaler appliance also as virtual
appliance for XenServer - NetScaler is based on FreeBSD and runs as hvm in
XenCenter. So one would assume, it should work somewhat. :)

Hi Zary,

I have been reading about this at NetScaler appliance overview... and don't seem to be freebsd hvm because at Cytrix home you can read about this saying :

Minimum requirements per physical host for first VPX VM

Hypervisor 4, 5 XenServer 5 Update 3 or later, VMWare ESX(i) 3.5 or above, Windows Server 2008 R2 with Hyper-V role enabled
Processor       Dual core, Intel VTx or AMD-v
Memory  4 GB
Hard drive      20 GB
Network interface       Hypervisor supported network interface card

If it can run on HYPER-V it seems to be a Windows Virtual Machine???? Can cytrix have really made this???....

Regards

Matej