Re: [Xen-users] Re: FreeBSD 8.2 XENHVM Kernel on Xencloud

To: Egoitz Aurrekoetxea Aurre <egoitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Re: FreeBSD 8.2 XENHVM Kernel on Xencloud
From: Outback Dingo <outbackdingo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 19:51:28 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 16:53:00 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 1:08 PM, Egoitz Aurrekoetxea Aurre
<egoitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sorry the from header of my last message was wrong, this one of this mail is
> correct :)
>
> On Tue, 20 Sep 2011, Egoitz Aurrekoetxea Aurre wrote:
>
>> Good afternoon,
>>
>> The subject practically is saying what I'm trying to ask but... does
>> anyone tried FreeBSD 8.2 or similar under Cytrix Xenserver or XenCloud?. I
>> have been doing some benchmarks and seems to perform pretty nice... and
>> seems to be
>> stable too; the only thing would be nice to be available for FreeBSD at
>> Xenserver/Xencloud would be the Xenserver/Xencloud's Xentools; although I
>> assume Xentools are basically for having info of the ip of the machine
>> (hostname, if
>> the machine has been cloned...) and so... because I assume a xe migrate
>> and so commands make use of lvm and so... for hot migrations and so...
>> should work the same way although are not officially supported in the
>> xenserver/xencloud
>> https api.
>>
>> Has anyone ever had some experience with FreeBSD in this environments?.
>> Which of them?, and which FreeBSD version?. The XenCloud version I tried is
>> Xencloud 1.0, which makes use of :
>>
>> Includes Xen hypervisor version 3.4.2
>> Includes Linux 2.6.32 privileged domain

Ive done FreeSD 8.2 and FreeBSD current on XCP .1/XenServer 6Beta/and
XEN 4.1.... theres a doc out there to gt some piecesof xentols working
on FreeBSD bu not to the point it is recognized as being installed by
the host system