Re: [Xen-users] CentOS 6 domU on Debian 6 dom0 not working

Am 08.09.2011 um 11:31 schrieb Rudi Ahlers:

> On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Christian Motschke
> <christian@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 08.09.2011 um 09:53 schrieb Rudi Ahlers:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Has anyone managed to get CentOS 6 domU (i.e. guest) working on a Debian 6
>>> do0?
>> I never tried CentOS.
>>>
>>> Both OS's are 32bit and I'm running XEN 4.0.1 with HVM support.
>>>

>>> A CentOS 5.6 domU works fine on this very same server though.
>>>
>>> When I start CentOS 6, I get the following error:
>>>
>>> newusaxen:~# xm create -c /xen/genocide.cfg
>>> Using config file "/xen/genocide.cfg".
>>> xenconsole: Could not read tty from store: No such file or directory
>>> newusaxen:~# Error: Domain 'genocide' does not exist.
>>
>> This is a HVM DomU? Maybe the qemu log has some hints
>> (/var/log/xen/qemu-dm-*.log)?
>>

> Yes, it's a HVM domU. After checking
> /var/log/xen/qemu-dm-genocide.log I got the following error:
>
> newusaxen:~# tail -f /var/log/xen/qemu-dm-genocide.log
> domid: 9
> -c config qemu network with xen bridge for
> tap9.0 xenbr0
> bridge xenbr0 does not exist!
> /etc/xen/scripts/qemu-ifup: could not launch network script
> Could not initialize device 'tap'
> ^C
>

> Some googl'ing suggest that Debian Squeeze doesn't use xenbr0 as
> bridge anymore, but eth0 instead.
>

> So I edit the genocide.cfg file and append the vif entry with
> "bridge=eth0". So now it starts up, but I can't ping the VPS, nor can
> it ping anything from within the VPS.
>

> The instructions I followed are here: http://wiki.debian.org/Xen
>

> And it's a bit unclear as to why there's no xenbr0 bridge device.
>

> So now I need to figure out how to either add a xenbr0 bridge (the
> tutorials I got so far are for Debian Lenny, so I don't know if
> they'll work, and if it will break anything), or why networking
> doesn't when using eth0 as a bridge.

I create the bridges in the Dom0 at boot. Put the following in your
/etc/network/interfaces

auto br0
iface br0 inet static
        address 192.168.42.10
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        network 192.168.42.0
        broadcast 192.168.42.255
        gateway 192.168.42.1
        bridge_ports eth0
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_maxwait 5

The edit the DomU config accordingly:

vif         = [ 'mac=00:16:1E:1E:1E:1E, bridge=br0' ]

And in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp:

#(network-script network-bridge)
(network-script /bin/true)