Re: [Xen-users] XEN, virt-manager, win2003 DomU and networking problems.

To: Luis Roberto Romano <luisromano@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] XEN, virt-manager, win2003 DomU and networking problems.
From: kcobler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 08:30:43 -0500
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 06:32:05 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Quoting Luis Roberto Romano <luisromano@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hello again.

I'm running XEN 4.0 on Debian Squeeze. I've paravirtualized 3 DomUs and they
work properly. I've virtualized (HVM) a win2003 DomU via virt-manager. The
installation proccess was successful, but I can't get network conectivity. I
installed Debian Squeeze as HVM DomU too (for checking if it's a
virt-manager problem), but in this case I can connect to my network and
Internet properly.
I tried to change the network card driver (provided by virt-manager), but
that didn't fix the problem.

This is my ifconfig:

http://pastebin.com/wX6WNtvt

This is the config.sxp file generated by virt-manager:

http://pastebin.com/y9cXfR2w

The way I was able to get this to work was to not assign the IP address to Linux eth0, instead create a bridge and assign the IP address to the bridge (br0). Then I use xen bridge networking to allow the guest OS to be part of the same subnet as br0.

Ken Cobler