Re: [Xen-users] /dev/sda2 does not exist. Dropping to a shell! (Dom0: Ub

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Hitesh Khandelwal
<hitesh.iitk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I unsuccessfully tried adding extra = 'console=hvc0' and extra =
> 'console=tty'.

What does domU's /boot/grub/grub.cfg (or menu.lst) show? If you don't
have any "console" argument there, you shouldn't need any console
argument here.

> Begin: Running /scripts/local-bottom ... done.
> done.
> Begin: Running /scripts/init-bottom ... done.
> init: ureadahead main process (803) terminated with status 5

Looks like you just need a login prompt there. If you previously
configure it for ssh access, you should be able to access domU via
ssh.

See this log

[    0.000000] console [hvc0] enabled

it might be a simple matter of creating /etc/init/hvc0.conf with the
content I sent earlier. Although I'm a little confused. If you don't
have a login prompt now, you shouldn't have login prompt when booting
with pygrub either.

Try comparing the boot log when booting with pygrub vs dom0 kernel
(you might need to edit grub.cfg first to remove "quiet" and "rhgb"),
see where the difference is.

--
Fajar