[Xen-users] cannot ping gateway from my virtual machine

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] cannot ping gateway from my virtual machine
From: benedict dcunha <sylvan.dcunha@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 15:10:52 +0300
Delivery-date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 04:12:56 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=NaIkD1FUMTsEEStTBZF0UDy3KyBmydgTJlvOp+LTD9k=; b=tbN2J2+2iDossPuqOqMHLYoKsinEOyBl4uzDt+Ok2pA3isiV8UBh1OAmVCZRhcWboi 0MWlCeHckw9SBXA3e+xh/VwU2ndHcnXl/HC/edBHY1Vf1Pv9tRuhQotzLlJZZNyxtLHQ bAPXaku1qAgOQ1Ur1/kD7/v4QqNj3xJaJkzqo=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear All,

I had my earlier post sub virtual machine does not start up.. by the way i did manage to solve my problem . i actually dont know what could be the real cause but I did reconnect my cd rom drive and voila did come up
let me explain

i have a sun blade server which conects the keyboard  , mouse and cd rom with a front panel USB cable . so the cd rom was removed and hence my virtual servers were not starting up

but now i see a new problem.

i am not able to ping the gateway
let me explain

my sun blade has 2 network cards  wqith centos 5.5

one has a public ip and the other my internal network ip.

the gateway for my sun blade is the public ip

now from the sun server i can ping the gateway. also i can ping the private network gateway both of which on my core switch

now my virtual machine has a private network ip ( the same network range as the interface ip ) but when i try to ping the gateway i am not to ping

the public ip network and private ip network is on separate vlans

apprecite if some can advice and help me

if you need any more information plsss do ask

regards

simon