Re: [Xen-users] XCP License issue

To: "S.H. Yuen" <junk325@xxxxxxxxx>, xenList <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] XCP License issue
From: Henrik Andersson <henrik.j.andersson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 05:04:32 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 19:05:56 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=BtZcT+axGLH32HfzpTObArox7gwGbS1lnfPG/tTK1r4=; b=U1C23QYJm4hgVVnfUgtFEmu3PqeCvCoIy3RjUPjgxk7+xv2VWlmcARphnZV2+e6st4 Lh9n4FNNEyUNcviluwADJ0g1vQxCzyA5ipg4nqbyDUzr7S9iOuG599V96YEc7gquc8pk +CrSWhLTQjdn9xn9JnkRNswJExKsLsIZnuqtU=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Well, there are tools availeable to administer xcp. Some are stand alone applications like xenCenter or openXenManager(I think is what it's called these days) and some are web based applications. I personaly have used openXenManager, wasn't thrilled about it's stability. I mean it used to hang 20 to 30 times in an hour on a bad day. It is written in python and I wasn't able to get it work in windows, tho it should be possible. On linux it was easy to get working and some people seem to favor it becaus one can use it in linux. I was excited when xcp team announced that xcp can be managed with xenCenter, since it actually work's well.

Author of openXenManager did release the same app as an web app, it's called XenWebManager. I personally don't know how stable or capable it is, actually I can't say anything about it, since I have never used it. Might be worth a look. I still prefer xenCenter tho. I dont know your situation but I think you should just ignore the horrible reminder of the 30 day trial that isn't really there, if what you need is stan alone app. if you want to manage your xcp using web browser, maybe you should consider investigating openXenManager or XenWebManger at http://www.openxenmanager.com/.

Also there are some other ones, maybe you should take a look at http://www.xen.org/products/cloud_projects.html . It seem's there are many possibilities. It's up to you to figure out what is the best for your needs. This also seems to be capable of managing xcp: http://www.xencloudcontrol.com/ (haven't tried, so can't really say anything about it either, might even be wrong about it)

-Henrik Andersson