[Xen-users] XCP 1.0 beta : install problem - unable to retrieve stage2.i

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] XCP 1.0 beta : install problem - unable to retrieve stage2.img over the network using http
From: "Joe Linoff" <jlinoff@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 14:37:42 -0800
Cc: Joe Linoff <jlinoff@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 14:39:11 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Folks:

I am a NOOB and need some help and/or advice about debugging a domU VM boot problem in XCP 1.0 beta.

I am trying to get my first VM installed over the network using XCP 1.0 beta. I am able to get to the VNC boot window but the installation process fails after a few minutes with this error:

Unable to retrieve http://10.45.2.1//tcc/os/CentOS-5.5-x86_64/images/stage2.img.

But when I try this on the dom0 host it works:

# cd /tmp
# wget http://10.45.2.1//tcc/os/CentOS-5.5-x86_64/images/stage2.img

My guess is the problem is related to how the VM sees the network but I have no idea how to debug it.

Cheers,

Joe