[Xen-users] Live Migration between CPUs

To: <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Live Migration between CPUs
From: "Tyler Spore" <tyler.spore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 16:57:00 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 10:32:03 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Is it true that you can live migrate between i7’s.  We are working with a pair of i7-930’s on an ASUS P6T Motherboard.  We are hoping we can move VM’s from one machine to the other using a SAN running OpenFiler.  We want to be able to migrate back and forth when the server needs to come down for maintenance or to perfect load balancing.

Does Xen-Server “Free” offer this capability?

We are also discussing migrating our server platform to a Xeon Based Processor and Motherboard configuration in hopes of having better head room and feature capability.  Can anyone comment or make suggestions based on our current configuration and a preferable configuration that would be ideal for multiple VM’s with bullet proof redundancy.

Juddson Tyler Spore

President | VirTech Systems, LLC

Phone:       386.227.6004

Fax:           386.624.6170