Re: [Xen-users] CentOS dom0 and domU kernel with xen 3.4.3?

To: admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] CentOS dom0 and domU kernel with xen 3.4.3?
From: Dirk <dirk.schulz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 22:09:25 +0200
Cc: 'xen-users' <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 13:11:18 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Hi,

Am 19.10.10 16:51, schrieb admin@xxxxxxxxxxx:
If you are having problems with the time running wild (running way too slow
or way too fast) in the CentOS domUs, then you probably need to change the
clock options for the kernel in the guest OS.

In the CentOS guest, edit /boot/grub/grub.conf

add this to end of the kernel line:
divider=10 clocksource=acpi_pm

That usually fixes problems with CentOS guest clocks.  Good luck.
I am afraid it did not. It seems to have prolongued the interval of time working for 1 or 2 days, but it happens as before.

Is there anything else I can do?

By the way, the problem is also in dom0, it is not accessible serveral times a day due to timeouts during ssh login (and postfix master stopping because of watchdog timeouts etc.).
Can I/must I configure dom0 similarly?

Dirk