[Xen-users] CentOS dom0 and domU kernel with xen 3.4.3?

To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] CentOS dom0 and domU kernel with xen 3.4.3?
From: Dirk <dirk.schulz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 15:02:38 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 06:04:04 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Hi folks,

I hope this is the right place to ask - if not I can switch to the CentOS mailing list.

I am running GITCOs 3.4.3 hypervisor with original RHEL5.5/CentOS5.5 kernels in dom0 and domU. I have phenonema I want to get rid of (like time running wild - really wild).

So I am looking for a way to compile a kernel with all CentOS refinements/backports/additions and xen 3.4.3. I have googled quite a few hours but found only with posts where people asked for help in that. :-)

Can someone point me to a howto? Has anyone out there already tried this? Since 3.4.3 is still focused on the 2.6.18 line of kernels this should not be impossible but I am not sure where to start.

Any hint or help is appreciated.

Dirk