Re: [Xen-users] problem with static routes

To: Xen User-List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] problem with static routes
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 23:32:38 +0700
Delivery-date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 09:33:51 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 10:45 PM, Greg Woods <woods@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The basic problem is that when I reboot a node in my cluster, it comes
> back up without its static routes.

... and how did you determine that your setup works without Xen?

> These are defined in /etc/sysconfig/static-routes and are added
> by the network service at boot time.

If they work on normal kernel (without Xen), then you should file a
bug to RedHat. Generally they'd maintain the default network-bridge
script to "just work". If it's really xen networking that causes
problem, you could simply discard the default network-bridge script
and create your bridges manually using
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-*

I'm not sure you've configured static routes correctly though. See
http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5.5/html/Deployment_Guide/s1-networkscripts-static-routes.html
http://www.akadia.com/services/redhat_static_routes.html

--
Fajar