Re: [Xen-users] use PCI VGA card on domU, and questions about USB

To: Nick Couchman <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] use PCI VGA card on domU, and questions about USB
From: Doublehp <doublehp-xen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 20:30:22 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 11:31:51 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 26/06/10 19:29, Nick Couchman wrote:
>> My BIOS is not compatible. I give-up forever ... until I buy a new
>> box. But, since this box is branc new, and was expensive, I was
>> hoping to use it at least for the coming 5 years. OT. But, my
>> computer can not do IOMMU/IOvirt.
>
> Too bad...what processor do you have?  If the processor itself
> supports it, then perhaps they'll release a BIOS update that supports
> it.  If not, then maybe getting a new processor for the box would do
> the trick??

I am pasting only the last core:
processor       : 3
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 16
model           : 4
model name      : AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor
stepping        : 3
cpu MHz         : 3415.488
cache size      : 512 KB
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 5
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu de tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr mca cmov pat
clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt lm 3dnowext
3dnow constant_tsc rep_good nonstop_tsc pni cx16 popcnt hypervisor
lahf_lm cmp_legacy extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch
bogomips        : 6841.10
TLB size        : 1024 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: ts ttp tm stc 100mhzsteps hwpstate

It's almost latest processor available. It was bleeding edge when i
bought it. Bigger AMD are not compatible with AM3.