Re: [Xen-users] help launching a Centos 5.5 Xen PV guest on an OpenSuse

To: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] help launching a Centos 5.5 Xen PV guest on an OpenSuse 11.2 Dom0 host ?
From: 0bo0 <0.bugs.only.0@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 23:30:49 -0700
Cc: Xen User-List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 23:32:16 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=TiaOWtrocGZdbfBhqjDeX2iobSuohuBgnSHCBEa1B4E=; b=TB2HNkw+WYue+OowqL8epuEh4yQ9BuJlUo0AqO7zZuwoxOUoM1xwnYSp1JcOvOX0qk 2OPZ3NuvYL5PaGhDO8scryCtbkmNiv5P+Z+6AFo/TRxtKPRdC4levMlKhOcgZuk7lGNK qgAcJx5Z112VnLoVbqf+01f1e1bhowO0EosAI=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi,

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 11:18 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha <fajar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Let's try something simpler. You specify
>
> vfb          = [ 'type=vnc, vncdisplay=106, vnclisten=127.0.0.1' ]
>
> It creates a vnc display for domU's GUI.
> By "hang", do you mean the output of "xm create -c" didn't continue,

that's correct, it dos not continue ...

> or are you looking at the GUI? Cause by default the graphics console
> will be used as default output, so you must use VNC to access it.

clear.  i'd tried accessing the VNC console, but no connection was
apparent/available

> You could always remove the vfb line, and have xen text console  (the
> one you access with "-c") becomes the default.

i'd thought that,

  'textmode=1 xencons=xvc0'

switches the default to textmode ... or at least that's the way it
workd for my opensuse guests.

anyway,  by removing the vfb line, i do (!!) get to:

Welcome to CentOS

                   +---------+ Networking Device +----------+
                   | You have multiple network devices on   |
                   | this system. Which would you like to   |
                   | install through?                       |
                   |      eth0 - Xen Virtual Ethernet       |
                   |      eth1 - Xen Virtual Ethernet       |
                   |      eth2 - Xen Virtual Ethernet       |
                   |      eth3 - Xen Virtual Ethernet       |
                   |  +----+     +----------+    +------+   |
                   |  | OK |     | Identify |    | Back |   |
                   |  +----+     +----------+    +------+   |

  <Tab>/<Alt-Tab> between elements  | <Space> selects | <F12> next screen

so that's progress!

atm, though, eth0 is supposed to be 'live', but it -- and all the
other interfaces -- are currently reporting

                      +--------+ Network Error +---------+
                      | There was an error configuring   |
                      | your network interface.          |

i'll worry about VNC access later ... for now, next step is the Network.

thanks.