Re: [Xen-users] High availability and live migration with just LVMand ha

To: Jeff Sturm <jeff.sturm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] High availability and live migration with just LVMand hardware fencing
From: Bart Coninckx <bart.coninckx@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 11:52:27 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, John Madden <jmadden@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Javier Guerra Giraldez <javier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 20 May 2010 02:52:25 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I did some more thinking in regards to the snapshotting and came up with the
following: the backend storage is an IET storage target. I could build the
LUNs on top of LV's. This would give me snapshotting for the Xen setup.
Granted, not very elegant, since for a restore I need to put the snapshot back
and as a added action I need to connect to it from an iSCSI initiator in order
to access the data.

Would this be a "clever idea"?

thx,

B.