[Xen-users] XCP storage repository using VHD on top of the LVM (FC share

To: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] XCP storage repository using VHD on top of the LVM (FC shared too) instead of the NFS.
From: Martinx - ジェームズ <thiagocmartinsc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 17:47:20 -0300
Delivery-date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 13:48:50 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi!

 I thinking why the XCP/XenServer has an option to use the VHD format only for the NFS Servers... How to use the VHD on top of a local or shared LVM?

 I mean, I want to create a logical volume of 500G and within this volume, I'll create the VHDs files instead LVs for each domU.

 And I'll use this setup on top of my FC IBM DS4700 shared storage...

 It is possible?! I want the good of both worlds, the space efficient feature of the VHDs (not pre-allocating) with the speed of the local or fiber channel storage.

Thanks!
Thiago