Re: [Xen-users] xen storage options - plase advise

> LVM is _disk-based_ and not usable as filebacked-Store for XEN, but its
> smarter to use LVM ;-)

Thomas,

Thanks for all the information so far, but of course I have more
questions. I just want to make sure I understand it.

Let me give you an example. Let's say I have five Windows 2008 servers.
Right now they are using file based, growable storage.

They each have a disk0 that is growable and partitioned like:
c: = 25gb
e: = 175gb (using round numbers)

I understand the danger of using growable storage and having your
storage fill up, but instead of these five machines using 200gb each, or
one TB, they are currently only using 10-20gb each so far. (the sizes
were spec'ed by the project, not my choice).

Anyway, how would these work in LVM? Would I have to actually allocate
200gb for each of these on the physical disk?

I also have linux pv domUs that have 40 or 50gb disks. They don't need
to be that big, but is the way they were created. I currently have three
dozen domUs which are a mix of linux (sles) and windows. Having to
actually allocate the disk space that they are virtually using now would
be a lot.

Thanks for the example scripts. I would really like to be able to do
something like that.

Thanks,
James