RE: [Xen-users] debian lenny 3.2.1 doesn't boot, livexen boots just fin

To: "'Martin Kraus'" <lists_mk@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'xen-users'" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] debian lenny 3.2.1 doesn't boot, livexen boots just fine
From: "Dustin Henning" <Dustin.Henning@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:57:05 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 08:59:15 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Check out this (old) thread:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2007-08/msg00028.html
This isn't for grub2, and may not be related, but I had a similar problem
with Fedora (still existed in Fedora 8, I believe it still exists in RHEL
5.3).  For me, the problem was only for xenified kernels.  Others had the
same issue with other distributions.  The recommended patch at that URL is
also listed or otherwise mentioned in the Fedora and RedHat bug tracking
systems.  I don't know if grub has a bug tracking system or if the bug has
ever been reported for it.  Assuming not, then perhaps it made its way into
grub2 as well.  That said, I don't know if it would be possible to manually
make the changes from that patch or not (because I don't know if that piece
of source still exists in grub 2), but figured I would mention it in case it
could help.  Calling this a grub bug, IMHO, isn't necessarily accurate even
though grub CAN fix it (seems to be related to the BIOS in use, and could be
a BIOS bug), but that isn't to say that it definitely isn't [a grub bug]
either.
        Dustin