[Xen-users] Install guest domains using virt-manager and iso images

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Install guest domains using virt-manager and iso images
From: Daniel Lam <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 20:58:44 +1100
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 01:59:27 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi All,

Hope I'm not too annoying yet..

I have CentOS 5.4 running as Domain 0.
I can create CentOS guest domains via network using virt-install.
However that's a bit slow, and I don't want to repeat the
download process again if I create new guest domains.

So my questions:

- Can I create guest CentOS domains using virt-install
  and specify a dvd iso image as its installation source?

- If I can, where can I obtain the iso images? Should I
  just use the standard installation iso images? However
  I actually tried specifying "cd-rom" as installation source
  before, hoping that I could create a guest domain
  using the DVD I already burnt. However it says
  "Paravirtualized guests cannot install off cdrom media".

For the record, I also tried creating guest domains just by
"xm create" as well, however it threw some errors to me
when it tries to change the partition table. Not sure why.
Don't want to spend time on that approach.

cheers,
Daniel