Re: [Xen-users] DomU don't wanna die...

To: Evan Lavelle <sa212+xen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] DomU don't wanna die...
From: Boris Quiroz <boris.quiroz@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 11:21:09 -0300
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 07:21:55 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Evan Lavelle wrote:
Boris Quiroz wrote:

I've this problem[1] with a DomU. When I type xm destroy almacen (the name of the DomU) looks like it destroy it, but appears still running. How can I kill it? It's very weird for me, and I'm not quite sure what start googling...

'virsh destroy almacen' fixes zombies for me. If everything else fails, 'virsh undefine almacen' will fix it. However, 'undefine' permanently removes the virsh-style config file, so use it with care. This isn't a problem if you're using old-style xm config files.

-Evan

And... What if what Evan said (about virsh) doesn't work?

cloud:/etc/xen# virsh  destroy almacen
error: Failed to destroy domain almacen

cloud:/etc/xen# virsh  undefine  almacen
libvir: Xen Daemon error : POST operation failed: xend_post: error from xen daemon: (xend.err 'Domain is not halted.')
error: Failed to undefine domain almacen

With this 'virsh undefine' thing I think I can find something in the xend log...