[Xen-users] DomU Install CD Freeze at "initializing cgroup subsys net_cl

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] DomU Install CD Freeze at "initializing cgroup subsys net_cls"
From: Kevin Pattison <kevpatts@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 17:28:10 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 06:30:30 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I'm new to this list so please bear with me, I'll describe the issue in a much detail as possible. I'm running the latest version of CentOS (5.3) and have a Xen kernel (2.6.18-164.el5xen) running fine. The Xen version is 3.0.3-80 (all software is from the CentOS repositories).

The Hardware is a dual Xeon quad 2.53GHz Dell PowerEdge R710 with a 1.36TB RAID5 array, 8GB RAM and processor virtualisation extentions switched on.

I'm trying to get a Fedora Core 11 DomU running under full virtualisation but when I set it up and start the installation from the physical CD, it will show me the initial GRUB menu and when I select install is starts to load the kernel but freezes at the message: "initializing cgroup subsys net_cls". Searching around I found that the next message is usually a count of the available CPUs so I've tried with various different numbers of virtual CPUs and different amounts of RAM but always get the same result.

Can anyone help?

Regards,
Kevpatts