Re: [Xen-users] Xen : How to configure a Proxy as DomU ?

Mirco Santori wrote:

sorry but i didnt understand you answer ..

OK, I'll try and make it clearer.

As I understand it, you do not have the proxy or web servers running - your question sounds like "how do I set up these services".

Apart from the basics of getting a VM running, your problem is NOT a Xen one. The setup for each of those application servers is no different under Xen than if you had three separate machines and a network switch.

For help in configuring the web servers, you need to look at the docs for the web server you are using (I assume Apache) - and if you can't get it working after reading the docs then use the Apache specific support forums. Similarly, for help getting the proxy working (I assume Squid) you will need to see the Squid documentation, and if that doesn't help then use the Squid specific help forums.

As far as Xen is concerned, you start up three guests (DomUs), connect them to a network bridge, and the guests will work the same as three separate physical machines connected to a physical network switch.

If you have specific Xen related problems (such as "I've created three guests, they can 'see' the outside world but can't 'see' each other", or "I can't create a working guest") then we can help here. Assuming you can get the guests running, and their networking set up, then for help configuring services such as web servers and proxy servers - this is not the right (best) place to ask.

--
Simon Hobson