[Xen-users] Xen : How to configure a Proxy as DomU ?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen : How to configure a Proxy as DomU ?
From: Mirco Santori <mirco.santori@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 11:40:38 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 02:41:33 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

after having tried (and spent some night) to configure Xen and proxy as DomU .. i am going to aks you to help me to resolve it.

i need to create a DomU virtual server which is the "proxy server" and is allowed to provide and redirect the web requests to other two DomU (web1 and web2) as following :

Dom0 -> debian lenny with xen amd64
DomU -> proxy
DomU -> web1
DomU -> web2

actually , i tried many configuration but without result .. seems that proxy receive the request from the web but it is not able to redirect to the web server web1 and web2
i am a newbye on xen .. so i didnt add any "route" or customization to Dom0 and DomU side .. maybe it could be the problem .. so i ask you to help me.

here is the configuration :

Dom0 :

cat /etc/network/interfaces
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# -- public
auto xenbr0
iface xenbr0 inet static
        address xxx.xxx.85.136
        netmask 255.255.255.240
        network xxx.xxx.85.128
        broadcast xxx.xxx.85.143
        gateway xxx.xxx.85.129
        bridge_ports eth0
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_maxwait 0
        dns-nameservers xxx.xx.56.5
        dns-search xxx.com

# -- private
auto xenbr1
iface xenbr1 inet static
        address xxx.xxx.200.136
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        network xxx.xxx.200.0
        broadcast xxx.xxx.200.255
        gateway xxx.xxx.85.129
        bridge_ports eth1
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_maxwait 0
        dns-nameservers xxx.xxx.56.5
        dns-search xxx.com

i didnt make any changes on /etc/xen/xend_config.xsd becuase i prefer to make all configuration in /etc/network/interface (i had some problem with debian lenny and xen during the network configuration so i choosed to make bridge in the interface file on Dom0

after having done this configuration .. all domU are able to receive connection and to go trhought internet without problem . .but now the proxy seems doesn work properly

is there some configuration that i have to add ?
have i to manage "route" in Dom0 and DomU ?
i have seen that most of you setted to value 1 some files in /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ . .could you help me to understand ?

many thanks to everyone want help me
cheers