Re: [Xen-users] Tools to take a kernel crash dump.

Hi Tej,

The restart (crash) cannot be reproduced but its intermittent. It happens
idiopathic, we cannot predict when it will next restart (crash). We have
been observing this for a month. It ran perfectly last week and it
restarted (crashed) today. Within minutes of restart it again took a
restart. Now it appears to be running fine, the next restart can be in
minutes, days or weeks.

The Dom0 is running on PV Xen 3.1 kernel.

I observed the system logs and there was nothing that hinted a cause for
the system restart.
If I should be looking at any other log, please let me know.

Regards,
Sree Harsha Totakura
Member, Open Source Platform - TEG
Tata Consultancy Services
Ph:- +91-22-67782038
Mailto: sreeharsha.totakura@xxxxxxx
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.   IT Services
                  Business Solutions
                  Outsourcing

             Tej
             <bewith.tej@gmail
                                       Sreeharsha Totakura
             07/17/2009 03:27          <sreeharsha.totakura@xxxxxxx>
                                       Xen User-List
                                       <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Xen-users] Tools to take a
                                       kernel crash dump.

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Sreeharsha
Totakura<sreeharsha.totakura@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> We have noticed that one of our servers xen Dom0 is restarting
> idiopathically. Atleast, we are not able to analyze the cause. I have
> checked the logs but couldn't find anything relating to it.

what xen version, Can crash be reproduced????

> Are there any tools such as kdump (which doesn't seem to work on xenified
> kernels) for catching the kernel crash snapshot.

netconsole, collects log.

> Regards,
> Sree Harsha Totakura
> Member, Open Source Platform - TEG