RE: [Xen-users] Xen 4.0 feature request

Definitely.  In fact one of our volume groups has 55 LV's:

# vgs
  VG     #PV #LV #SN Attr   VSize VFree
  t0core   1  55   0 wz--nc 4.08T 3.63T

This is a clustered LVM too, shared among 4 dom0 hosts.

You could accomplish the same creating as many LUNs on your SAN, but it
tends to be more work and the volume labels are not as clear.  The only
advantage I see is that you won't have to work around the limitations of
a CLVM (e.g. single-host snapshots).

(It'd be nice too if the Xen tools handled automatic LV
activation/deactivation when bringing up a domU or migrating.)

-Jeff