Re: [Xen-users] Xen Virtual Machine Pointer problem

To: anitha rn <anithaashok16@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen Virtual Machine Pointer problem
From: Andreas Sommer <AndiDog@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 10:50:33 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 02:51:55 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PLEASE always reply to the mailing list, too!

As to your problem: The tutorial I sent you works for me. Make sure to check the input devices on the domU with

cat /proc/bus/input/devices

That command will show you which event belongs to the emulated mouse, e.g. event3 --> /dev/input/event3. This has to be entered in the Xorg configuration. You have to configure the domU with

usb=1
usbdevice="tablet"

in order to have an absolute mouse position. Instead of entering the device yourself, you can also try the following

Section "InputDevice"
   Name "Mouse0"
   Driver "evdev"
   Option "Name" "QEMU 0.8.2 QEMU USB Tablet"
   Option "Mode" "Absolute"
 EndSection

Of course "Mouse0" then has to be entered in the ServerLayout section.

Hope this helps.

anitha rn wrote:
Hi..
Thanks for your response... i ve tried with the link which you pointed
to me. But its not working. Also i ve googled a lot,but not getting to
know how to solve it. Kindly point me the solution.

My Virtual Machine is Fedora 8.
The vm Configuration file is of type vnc.
I m using an image file to start the Virtual Machine.