Re: [Xen-users] announcement: intelligent network switching between xen

To: Thiago Camargo Martins Cordeiro <thiagocmartinsc@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] announcement: intelligent network switching between xen domains
From: Radu Rendec <radu.rendec@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 19:28:12 +0300
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 09:29:02 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have no experience with VDE, but (from the quick look that I've had at
the link you sent) I guess you can achieve similar functionality with
LiSA.

LiSA does not have anything similar to VDE's "virtual wire", but it has
native vlan support that you could use instead.

You could for instance use one vlan for each virtual link, then set up
LiSA to distribute the appropriate vlans to each guest machine. For any
guest machine where you plan to have more than one virtual link, you'll
need vlan tagging support inside. For linux, the 8021q module will do.

Cheers,

Radu