Re: [Xen-users] announcement: intelligent network switching between xen

To: Radu Rendec <radu.rendec@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] announcement: intelligent network switching between xen domains
From: Tim Post <echo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 01:53:18 +0800
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 10:54:13 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

On Sat, 2009-07-04 at 16:11 +0300, Radu Rendec wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm writing on behalf of the LiSA Project team (http://lisa.ines.ro/).
> LiSA is an open-source project that aims at building an intelligent
> network switch on top of linux.

A look at the userspace code alone tells me that you have a very firm
grasp on what you're doing.

You posted this to (AFAICT) xen-users only, why not xen-devel?

Also, what is the latest xen-0 kernel that you are working with? Indeed,
the project site does need some updating.

Most users brave enough to venture beyond 2.6.18-8 are going to need
solid instructions, or (better) a pre patched xen + lisa kernel to
download and build. You won't find many FC8 users here.

Do you have a developers list? I'm going to try your patches against
Jaremy's latest tree, I'm counting on breakage but it should not be
difficult to fix .. net/ is a very shifty place :)

I'm working on trying it against a xen patched 2.6.25 kernel now.

Cheers,
--Tim

---
Monkey + Typewriter = Echoreply ( http://echoreply.us )