[Xen-users] Xen and IPtables

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen and IPtables
From: James Clemence <jamesvclemence@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 20:02:00 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 12:02:43 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, just a brief question regarding iptables and Dom0. I am wondering how I can apply IPtables rules purely to the traffic to the Dom0, without blocking that going to the domUs.

I have tried using -d <dom0 IP> with drop rules except SSH.

However, if this is done on the INPUT chain it blocks off the traffic going to the DomUs too... Just wondering whether I can have any pointers to get this sort of solution:

Iptables <block all except ssh to dom0>
but allow domU traffic through which I am handling in per-domU chains on FORWARD.

Have been slightly confused with this one, any help would be great, cheers,