Re: [Xen-users] export single partitions to xen 3.1.2 domU

Subject: Re: [Xen-users] export single partitions to xen 3.1.2 domU
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 12:34:10 +0700
Delivery-date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 22:34:52 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Steven Timm <timm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have some old xen instances which were installed under
> Xen 3.1.0 with the following Disk configuration
>
> disk = [ 'phy:LG0/LV11,sda1,w', 'phy:LG0/LV12,sda2,w','phy:LG0/LV13,sda3,w'
> ]
>
> Each one of these is a single partition, with a single file system.
>
> I am now trying to run redhat/centos/scientific linux 5.2 and convert
> these old domU's over.

If by "convert" you mean "run these old dom0 on new version of dom0",
then you don't have to do anything. Old domU config should run just
fine.

> disk = [ "phy:/dev/LG0/LV0,xvda,w", "phy:/dev/LG0/LV16,xvdb,w" ]
>

> Is there any way to mountt single partitions
>  under the new software, if so, how?

If your question is "how to mount these new domU fs on dom0", then
it's a bit tricky.
One possible solution:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2009-01/msg00718.html

Another alternative is to map that disk to dom0. Something like :
- shutdown domU
- modprobe xenblk
- xm block-attach 0 phy:/dev/LG0/LV0 xvda w

This should give you xvda on dom0, along with its partitions (xvda1,
xvda2, etc.). After you're done using it, detach the block device with
"xm block-list" and "xm block-detach"

Regards,

Fajar