Re: [Xen-users] Dom U stuck at boot time- centos.5-2 domU image on RHEL

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Ata E Husain Bohra
<aehusain@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am facing an issue while the startup of a domU centos5-2 image obtained
> from jailtime.org on RHEL dom0 system.
> Initially there were problems locating the root file system and then I did a
> mkinitrd with xennet and xenblk option and changed the ramdisk in xen config
> file. With this addition I was able to get rid of the kernel panic error,
> but now the system freezes after initializing service 'sshd', below is the
> log at the boot time:

> Starting sshd: [  OK  ]

My guess is domU is already started. You just didn't see the login screen.

> My xen configuration file is as below:
> kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-128.1.6.el5xen"
> ramdisk = "../initrd-2.6.18-128.1.6.el5xen.img"
> memory = 256
> name = "centos.5-2"
> vif = [ 'bridge=xenbr0' ]
> dhcp = "off"
> disk = ['file:/root/images/centos/centos.5-2.img,sda1,w']
> root = "/dev/sda1 ro"
>
> I have tried to google solution for this problem, but no luck till this
> moment. Please suggest me what can be done to boot up by domU kernel.

There are some alternatives to fix it. My perefered method would be to
setup domU correctly to display login screen an allow root to login
from xvc0 (which is where the console is. See the boot log). It
requires some modifications to several files.

Other people like to simply add
extra ="3 xencons=tty"
to domU config line.

Regards,