RE: [Xen-users] Mapping PCI/PCX hardware to a specific VM

To: "'Jonathan Tew'" <jonathanptew@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Mapping PCI/PCX hardware to a specific VM
From: "Dustin Henning" <Dustin.Henning@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 08:37:01 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 05:37:50 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
       Cards with PCI addressing can be assigned to DomUs.  However, which
types of DomUs they can be assigned to, and whether or not they can be
assigned without requiring other things on the bus depend on your hardware
and the version of Xen you are running.  That said, most historical
discussion in this list will show that video processing and VOIP are not
good candidates for virtualizing (though I believe some people have had luck
doing so).  You should search/review the list's archives.  Hopefully someone
else can give you pointers, but now at least you have a response if they
don't.
        Dustin