[Xen-users] Mapping PCI/PCX hardware to a specific VM

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Mapping PCI/PCX hardware to a specific VM
From: Jonathan Tew <jonathanptew@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 13:19:14 +1200
Delivery-date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 18:20:05 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I have played previously with VMWare and HyperV based solutions for virtualization but not with Xen so forgive me if this question has an obvious answer or has been asked before. Google has not provided me with an obvious answer on this so...

I have a home pc with a tv tuner card in it which I was hoping that after setting up Xen I could map that piece of hardware to a specific virtual machine. Is this possible? There is also a similar scenario at work where I would like to do the same for a PRI ISDN card and virtualize the pbx install.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jono