[Xen-users] Monitoring XEN hardware resources utilization.

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Monitoring XEN hardware resources utilization.
From: Lior Goikhburg <glior@xxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 17:08:35 +0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 06:09:16 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello.

How do people here used to monitor their XEN server resources ? (I mean not Dom0 or DomU resources which I have no problem monitoring via SNMP, but the physical resources of the hardware: CPU, Disk and Network utilization etc.)

I have an rrd graphing system (similar to cacti) and I need to get the following data:
Total % of CPU, Disk and Network utilization (hardware wise)
I will then feed this data to the rrd system.

I tried the following tools (xm top, xenmon, virt-top) all of them are not informative and no flexible enough to use with scripts. Also if I'm thinking about writing my own daemon Python or PERL. Where can I read the info I need, xend ? /sys ?

Thanks in advance for taking time to answer.

Lior.