[Xen-users] Dinamically increase memory of linux domU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Dinamically increase memory of linux domU
From: "Angel L. Mateo" <amateo@xxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:49:10 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 03:50:15 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

        I am trying to configure a domU (linux) to be able to dinamically
increase the amount of ram memory assigned to it with xen 3.2.1.

        I configured domU with:

maxmen = '1024'
memory = '512'

        With this configuration, domU is booted using 512M of RAM. Now in domU
I run:

xm mem-set galemys4 768   # galemys4 is my domU's name

        With a xm list I can see that memory is assigned to it:

felis204:~# xm list
Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State
Time(s)
Domain-0                                     0  2304     4     r-----
19347.7
galemys4                                     4   768     1     -b----
3.5

        but the domU doesn't know that it has now 256MB more.

        Do I have to run something in the domU? Do I have to activate some
option? Can I do this? How?

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática