[Xen-users] Confused about how to setup Private networking between Apps

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Confused about how to setup Private networking between Apps on different Domus
From: Robert Danruffin <rd709932@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 21:47:50 -0800
Delivery-date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 21:48:30 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=u6JLRBLZ1R+hntuLotat61GSbYKKWq47EhleckqP+Ck=; b=Z+pvwR8DlUSOcIUuY42eo9scSKO1LBkjoVoyg0b0vP0NiQnK9DmUydHMoZJD0fhrLQ jCs3ZetAU3ACRPkzUNIJ8t2TPYIlZ58wY1y4GnpiGhK4eRlorI5OWcx09GJm/rkC4FZD p5YmenU/xTaw4qe5OxxaqhVSi1aKJUQ3xI34o=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I just started working on Xen for my office setup a couple of weeks
ago, and got to the point where I can install just about everything I
need as a simple Guest.

Now I'm trying to setup private communications between Domus, using
bridges with internal IP addresses.

For example

Internet

  | 192.x.x.1
Dom0 -------- Bridge A ---- Domu #1
  |                        |
  |                        | Private Bridge, 10.0.0.X
  | 192.x.x.2              |
  |---------- Bridge B ---- Domu #2
  |                        |
  |                        | Private Bridge, 10.0.0.X
  | 192.x.x.3              |
  |---------- Bridge C ---- Domu #3

(Sorry, I'm not too sure about drawing these things the right way)

Domus #1 & #3 are Apache web servers and Domu #2 is a Mysql database server.

If I do everything over the 192. addresses, everything talks to everything.

With this new setup I've got each of the Domus configured with 2 IP
addresses but I can't figure out how to get the web servers to talk to
the database server over Private Bridges.  In other words using the
10. addresses, not the 192. addresses.

I'm stuck about understanding how this is supposed to work, and what
I'm supposed to set where.  I guess its supposed to be possible.  But
I really have been spinning my wheels for a couple of days.

Can someone please help with a suggestion or two about what to do here?

BobbyDR