Re: [Xen-users] 32bit kernel under amd64

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 10:43 PM, SZABO Zsolt <szazs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I need to compile an own modul under domU... I inherited a more or less
> working xen setup with a linux (PV?) domU and a windows2003 HVM domU

Ouch. The old "I inherited a system" situation :)
Which module is it? What distro? Some modules can be built out-of-tree.
For example, if you need fuse on Centos, you can start with a domU
having kernel-xen and kernel-xen-devel, and use it to compile a fuse
module without having to recompile the kernel.
If it were me, I'd simply use a vendor-provided xen-kernel
(RHEL/Centos, in this example) and compile the module out-of-tree.
This would reduce the chance of things going wrong.

>> http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/Xen#head-860e915b4834566a29d7dd343d847e459b047e02
>>
>> Look for inittab and securetty. Depending on your setup, you might
>> also need to add entry for ttyS0.
>
> Hmm... in the inittab are the lines as follows:
> 1:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty1
> 2:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty2
> 3:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty3
> 4:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty4
> 5:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty5
> 6:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty6
>
> and nothing for xvc0. However, this works with the original kernel but not

Probably because somehow the original kernel uses tty1 for xen console.

> with the new one... So I should put a line
>
> 1:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty 9600 xvc0

each line should have it's own identifier. "1" is already taken for
tty1. See the link I sent earlier. Try with xvc0 first, and if it
doesn't work try ttyS0.

Regards,

Fajar