Re: [Xen-users] strange error masseages in xen

To: Mike Mildner <m.mildner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] strange error masseages in xen
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 18:18:30 +0700
Cc: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 03:19:45 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 9:49 AM, Mike Mildner
<m.mildner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Error: (1, 'Internal error', 'Could not open kernel image (2 = No such file
> or directory)') What Kernel image? Which file/directory? why can not make
> xen clearly error messages?

What distro are you using?
Is this error on booting the dom0, or is it on booting domU?

> cat /boot/grub/menu.lst
> title Xen 3.3 / XenLinux 2.6
> kernel /boot/xen-3.gz vga=791 console=tty
> module /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18.8-xen root=/dev/md0 ro vga=791 console=tty0
> root (hd0,0)

Does your distro support booting without initrd? AFAIK, RHEL/Centos
requires initrd because there are some setup (e.g. LVM, udev) that is
done in initrd. This is true even if you've built every necessary
module as built-in.

Regards,

Fajar