Re: [Xen-users] pygrub CentOS domU - unable to mount lvm partition form

To: Peter Braun <xenware@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] pygrub CentOS domU - unable to mount lvm partition form dom0 -
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 05:25:32 +0700
Cc: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 14:26:14 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 5:05 AM, Peter Braun <xenware@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>       Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
> /dev/vg/centospy   *           1        3916    31455238+  83  Linux

Shouldn't it be /dev/vg/centospy1 ?
I'm getting the feeling you're trying to anonymize LV name and change
it on the output line but forgot to do the same on the command line
(and vice-versa for the mount command)

> During the CentOS install annaconda is reporting something like "loop
> partition" detected and have to reinitialize disk.

If you let anaconda reinitialize disk (and thus creating a new
partition table), there will be a partition on top of that LVM, which
fdisk SHOULD show by adding the the number "1" or "p1" to the LV name

> Please can somene help me out how to mount this partition from dom0?

Try using kpartx. Something like
kpartx -av /dev/vg/centospy (or /dev/vg/x1hd, whatever your LV is)
mount /dev/mapper/centospy1 or x1hd1 (or whatever new block device you
see on /dev/mapper)
unmount afterwards, and don't forget to delete dev mappings with kpartx -dv

Regards,

Fajar