Re: [Xen-users] Have to log in to start vino and guests

To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Have to log in to start vino and guests
From: "lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 18:16:41 -0600
Delivery-date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 16:17:30 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> When I restart the server, vino and the guests
>
> Do you mean vino ON the guest?

I mean on the server, both vino and the guests aren't starting until I log into
the desktop. I would have done this without the desktop but I'm so under the
gun lately that I thought doing it via the desktop would be easier.

The problem is such as some services on windows that don't start until you log
in.

> This is more of a RHEL/CentOS issue then Xen. Anyway, what do you need
> it for? The solution might be different depending on your requirement.

Figured others might be having the same problem otherwise, would have and
likely will ask in some other forum.

> If you need vnc access to your guests (e.g. to monitor its startup
> process), both HVM and PV domU can have a framebuffer or "GUI console"

I need access to the server desktop which contains the guests. Like I said, I
just decided to quickly look at xen to see if it's something I could get better
results from than VMware Server for redundancy.

> The thing is you have to access dom0's IP
> address instead of domU's. A faster, text-only console is also
> available, but it's not accessible via vnc.

Reaching the guests aren't a problem :).

Mike