Re: [Xen-users] existing linux install and xen

To: "Brian Krusic" <brian@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] existing linux install and xen
From: "Thiago Camargo Martins Cordeiro" <thiagocmartinsc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 03:21:55 -0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 21:22:52 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=ZO5AqhCHeHbiK+EMN13oTR5/cCTNJmszGLf2oTalyG8=; b=T43OKrt2fZ17pELXjmgUQCRffBJlsmRV0DPDCvvc/Do3OWq+SyKUKSntxolCADFyIe vEkn27mxw7igUA95Wf9A53pwDRp974dhvekkjmRKVJ1ATc5+yfdBuKqHNxMo9LneTJh7 d0g/j1zLrD057ZgsvJbP3u7znncfmZoK5GtHw=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I hope it will be useful for you! It works for me!  ;-)

You will not forget any files this way!

Just make sure you don't have any other scripts, for example in, /etc/init.d or /etc/rcS.d mounting some encrypted devices (aka /etc/cryptab)... nevertheless, if all your file system are mounted via /etc/fstab ('mount -a' at boot time), this procedure works... you must enable your raid volumes and LVM, if your have it, to access your root file system and the other partitions on Ubuntu LiveCD session, one by one....

The steps are simple, if you want, I hope I can help!

Best regards,
Thiago