Re: [Xen-users] Which distro for Xen?

"Grant McWilliams" <grantmasterflash@xxxxxxxxx> schreibte:

We too only use CentOS for Dom0s. I understand the draw toward newer drivers
with Fedora but why would you use a constant beta in a production
environment? We're currently using Xen 3.3 for everything.

So do you mean a clean install xen 3.3 with supplied kernel? Or do you use the centos kernel?

With Ubuntu I have a lot of trouble, but only kernel related. My xen-3.3 HV works but I need a more stable kernel. Furthermore, Xen dom0 kernels will not be supported with Ubuntu since 8.10. So I use now (or want to use) the xen shipped kernel.

So, my main question here is, what is the better idea? Using Xen complete from xen source, so the distro doesn't matter, or using an "out of the box" xen that is shipped by a specific distro, or something between that?

About the kernel: Is there a newer kernel than 2.6.18 availlable from xen.org?

Regards

Ralf