Re: [Xen-users] PCI Passthrough for Windows error

To: "billy lau" <billylau@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] PCI Passthrough for Windows error
From: "Todd Deshane" <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 15:03:26 -0500
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:04:03 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:reply-to :to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=ADbssDWorn8Mq1/CUf/K7u6FE5xLUnjCUrvhUz2NCRE=; b=uYMsDZOz3KC7dnD394mofJrk59CHU9CrKzI5B7kSkj5+Iedi26zVxTmfxXryXAaCsb l8Y5axmNuHiIXNV4tQzPwbmQRm2WB45VFyUfHHd44DJu2RYs4nt//lYSsuPl6R301WlE Fb3EOz2HFBlO5vyVEa5137qNl1ptKvXVCDGvs=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 2:47 PM, billy lau <billylau@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, sorry, it took me quite a while, because I was trying other ways to get
> around htis prblem, but it seems like I cannot get pass this.
>
> Attached is the output from
> lspci -tv
> lspci -xxx -vvv
> xm pci-list-assignable-devices returns nothing
> ls /sys/bus/pci/drivers/pciback*
> grep hide /boot/grub/menu.lst
>
> The Linux guest taht worked before was PV.
>
> xm dmesg shows
> (XEN) HVM: VMX enabled
> and
> (XEN) I/O virtualisation disabled
> (XEN) Xen trace buffers: disabled
>
> I'm not sure if this means iommu is disabled. If it is, what should I do to
> enable it? Thanks,
> - billy

There is a separate bios option to enable the IOMMU (VT-d) (IO
virtualization support)

Did you verify that your Chipset support VT-d? That is the first step.

Cheers,
Todd

--
Todd Deshane