Re: [Xen-users] Shared SAN disk LUN between 2 servers and migrationprobl

Hi,

I'm running a xen cluster with paravirtualised windows xp machines. The domu
disks are LUN's ( no clvm or such ). They are shared between the cluster
members ( dom0 ). The HBA cards are qlogics, the diskarray an hp xp 128. Xen
version is 3.2-1, dom0 kernel is 2.6.18 from debian stable. The multipath
daemon is running.

Live migration works perfectly for non-hvm domu's. Windows domu's, however, do
not live migrate in this setup ( I don't know why ). Gplpv drivers corrupt the
fs upon shutdown of the domu ( as long as it is kept running, I haven't noticed
corruption ). So basically, as long as you keep your windows hvm domu running
with the block device it started with, you're ok. Switch ( either from VBD to
ioemu either from machine - live migrate ) and you're in trouble.

FYI

Peter.

--
Peter Van Biesen