Re: [Xen-users] Problem installing WinXP in Xen on Debian etch

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Problem installing WinXP in Xen on Debian etch
From: jonr@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 15:20:49 -0800
Delivery-date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 16:21:31 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Quoting billy lau <billylau@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi xen users,

Recently, I am trying to install windows xp using hvm with the below config
file:

kernel = '/usr/lib/xen-3.0.3-1/boot/hvmloader'
builder = 'hvm'
memory = 1024
device_model='/usr/lib/xen/bin/qemu-dm'

#Disks
disk = ['file:/mount/extended/vm_image/xp_disk.img,ioemu:hda,w']
cdrom="/home/billy/winxp_sp3.iso"

# Hostname
name = 'windows'

# Networking
vif = ['type=ioemu, bridge=xenbr0']

# Behavior
boot='d'
vnc=1
sdl=0
serial='pty'

The problem that I have is that as I create this domain, it says
Using config file "./windows"
Started domain windows

but there is no window popping up. As I do xm list
there is a domain called windows with ID and VCPU with state 'r', and time
continuously running.

Oh, and btw, when I do a vncviewer localhost:5900, I only get a white
screen.

Can anyone please help?
Thanks,
- billy

Hello Billy,

What does netstat -an show? Try putting vncunused=0 and vnclisten=0.0.0.0 in your config file as well.

Jon