Re: [Xen-users] Xen3.1 and win2k8 hvm: lvm-backed disk sized 0 bytes

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen3.1 and win2k8 hvm: lvm-backed disk sized 0 bytes
From: Pim van Riezen <pi+lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 14:16:33 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 05:17:25 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Oct 6, 2008, at 12:45 , Pim van Riezen wrote:

Good Day,

We're testing the Xen3.1 branch used on CentOS5 with a win2k8 hvm guest. Unfortunately, it seems like disks exported with phy from an lvm-backed partition show up in the windows installer with a size of 0 bytes. Is this a known issue and/or is there a workaround?

Additional details:

disk = [ 'phy:vpsvg-006/win2k8,hda,w', 'file:/root/ win2k8.iso,hdc:cdrom,r' ]

Result:

PNG image

Using an image file with tap:aio instead of an LVM partition does work, but dd'ing the installed image back to a LVM partition renders it unusable. Any hints appreciated.

Cheers,
Pim