Re: [Xen-devel] xenstore -- read UUID

To: "dinesh chandrasekaran" <dinesh_chan8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] xenstore -- read UUID
From: "Derek Murray" <Derek.Murray@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 21:37:57 +0100
Cc: xen developers community <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen users community <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 13:38:21 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:reply-to :sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references :x-google-sender-auth; bh=GGmFan9EXoe0m7LV9Wruce0qJQOgEcGFK1Mhcg4cs4g=; b=ie2reZbEJyw9LYmbsnklYfaDbXPEAsSgADDdO+R29tm/UDnARDk8m7vGPN/hGBal7i LOOpZu5bnwUv2nyOp2z2b2bqyD5jW3jPAyQAo/JOxkAFoNkkyHFIRmyZBJpnYWYFyXBG p/ohkZG0F0gQhpF9A13bMB5k9hYIQmPwtdXpc=
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:reply-to:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to :mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding :content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=mu0OdISEHkeS8HruEGr+Qm2qZYJShZDHx80CBkDi8kkTZL716hRgCh0c7DHCflZmRh EPZrbS6MASQVkODM23VYAAIHzEGxWSIQ+HM7zBpyqMCvRoOKZlFQCNRq/lzwm1pIENTZ 6252FpqpnXyKI9PYae4qJNXBbykPjpm0v5Ah4=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Dinesh,

In what context are you trying to run this code? You say that you want
to read the UUID from Dom0, but xen/common/memory.c is part of the
hypervisor (and not Dom0). If you try to compile that code into
xen/common/memory.c, it will fail, because building the hypervisor
does not include the user-space headers (i.e. the contents of
/usr/include/).

The hypervisor has (almost) no knowledge about XenStore, and so it
would be very difficult to access XenStore from there. However, if you
want to access this information in Dom0, your code should work in a
user-space application.

Could you provide more details about what you are trying to do?

Regards,

Derek Murray.