Re: [Xen-users] Allocate more Memory than real

To: "Rudi Ahlers" <rudiahlers@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Allocate more Memory than real
From: "Artur Baruchi" <mail.baruchi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 17:23:11 -0300
Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 13:23:56 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=Y7rqQ2oTg/hvQ8BUVXiEUzg3UbibjymH86AUcK8H1yg=; b=X31/4iEQTcPnnCBbUgYt+UgBDX3NUzVeTGXU8JgJY5pTtFcJvBXINnsZQbq5Ox5vcq LrwXjhc601gGn5purPngHyEE5Bjgg8yos7j/jdvtb7Bb7uwPY+jg3ftG1fLCHfs2/wR1 J3ZBQB0I/Ltiel4+bzGGydhs25VB6mO8EkaRE=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for your answer... I asked this, cause Im wondering why the
balloon driver exists in Xen... Im not able to allocate more memory
than configured in guest config file and by default the target AND the
current allocation has the same value, so why I would touch in this
value if I cannot allocate the memory freed to another domain since
its denied...

Do you know a situation where the balloon driver is necessary in xen?

Thanks in advance..

Att.
Artur Baruchi