Re: [Xen-users] Nasty kernel panic

Hi Steve,

On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 09:32 -0500, Steven Timm wrote:
> A couple people have pointed at the e1000 driver as a possible culprit
> and given good reasons why that should be the case..my only question
> is why did I also get the same kernel panic on the new poweredge 2950
> which doesn't have intel e1000 but broadcomm drivers and nics?

Well, _could_ be part of the problem and needs to be eliminated :)

> By the way, all the systems in question have now been up for 18 hours
> and functioning fine so once we got first the rsyncing done, and
> then the squid servers all re-initialized correctly, we have been
> OK since then.

So this issue is definitely dependent on I/O, since the NIC is not
common, is the on board chipset/RAID common on both?

It would be helpful if you could send links to the output of lsmod,
lspci and the .configs for both.

Cheers,
--Tim

--